Rambling ...

I'm an Irish Girl, A Dubliner, with the 'Gift of the Gab' ... I like to talk & to tell you things. In Celtic times news, views and comment were carried from place to place by wandering Seanachaí ~ Storytellers ~ who relied on their host's hospitality and appreciation. I will need that from you too, as I venture to share Politics, Poetry, Laughter, Love, Life & everything in-between ... from Bog to Blog!!


Monday, June 25, 2012

LOST .....



LOST ..... CAN YOU HELP???????

My name is Chanan Shomrony and I’m searching for my brother.

He was born in 1946, his parents’ first born, in Europe after the Second World War. In 1949, when he was two and a half years old, he and his parents made aliya to Zfat in Israel. He was hospitalized a month later in the Emek Hospital in Afula because of dysentery. Two days later my father was informed that he had passed away. ( Parents were not allowed to stay with their sick children so my father was obliged to leave him there.)

There was no funeral and of course there is no grave.

My parents were new immigrants, survivors of the Shoah, who had arrived only one month prior to this. They accepted this news without question and didn’t make any further inquiries.

The Ministry of the Interior informed me, years later, that in 1963 someone with his ID number had left the country. However, in the Death Registry of the Religious Council in Afula he is registered as having died on 17.04.1949 and was buried in a common grave.

His first name was Israel,  the son of Hava and Yosef Heiventreager (sp) ~
I.D. nr 0203317-3.  ~ It is possible that his first name stayed with him as he was already two and a half years old at the time.

I was born six months later and know of him only from what my parents have told me. Unfortunately, my parents have passed away and the searches that I have been carrying on during the years have never provided any answers. I still hope that this story will awaken a spark of a memory in someone  ..... of a baby that was adopted at the age of two and a half, blond with bright eyes who spoke only Yiddish.  He or those who adopted him were probably told that he was an orphan brought from Europe.  He would be 65 or 66 years old today.

I enclose pictures of him as an infant with our parents before coming to Israel. I regret that I don’t have any pictures of a later period. Perhaps this mail will, by some stroke of luck , be received by someone who will recognize or will find similarities in the faces of our parents and that of Israel.

Please forward to this mail to anyone you can. Perhaps a miracle will happen and I’ll be reunited with my long lost brother.

Thank you

Chanan Shomrony

I WILL FORWARD ANY MAIL I RECEIVE ..... Can you Assist Any???

No comments:

Post a Comment